Slab Leak Detection
A plumbing leak can be incredibly damaging to your home. While it will not destroy your home in an obvious way like a house fire, a plumbing leak can go undetected for a long time and create extensive damage before you even know it exists.
Some leaks are in places that you will be able to see sooner than later, like sink faucets, however, other leaks can be hidden under the foundation of your home and will drip water for weeks or longer before you notice any signs of trouble.
If you live in Fort Worth, and you think you might have a slab leak in your home or business, don’t hesitate to contact SWAT Plumbing today! The sooner your slab leak is professionally inspected, the sooner the damage can be minimized.
● Poor construction. If your home or commercial building has damaged pipes, low-quality pipes, or pipes that were poorly installed you may be eventually facing a slab leak. If pipes have burst or cracked, water will leak into the foundation as well. Once the foundation slab has been poured, there is no way to know if any of the pipes are damaged or in trouble – the only way to know is to have professional slab leak detection services
● Water quality that is lacking. If your water quality is poor, it could cause corrosion and damage to your pipes, causing them to begin eventually leaking. Water that has a high mineral content or is very acidic, it could be wearing down the integrity of your pipes, and will eventually lead to slab leak
● High water pressure. Having water pressure that is too high can lead to slab leaks. When the water is contained within the pipes at a rate that is too highly pressurized, the integrity of the pipes could get worn down and eventually crack under the pressure. This will cause a rupture rather than a slow leak, and the damage could be great.
Wondering if you have a slab leak in your home or business? Make sure to be on the lookout for these signs of trouble:
● You can hear water running … when all of the water in your home or business is turned off
● A spot on the floor that feels hot
● You notice cracks in the flooring or walls
● You can smell the sweet aroma of mildew, or you see mold growing
● There is excessive moisture in your carpets – without an obvious explanation
● Your water bills are getting increasingly higher
Any one of these signs should be investigated by the professional team at SWAT Plumbing – give us a call right away!
Our team of professionals will investigate any of these signs that you have noticed, and use our skills to provide slab leak detection.
Once we have located your slab leak through our comprehensive slab leak detection services, we can then provide you with superior slab leak repair!
That’s right. One call and you get a professional team of licensed plumbers who can find and fix your slab leak!
A slab leak that has been located must be addressed right away. These projects involve at least two or more days of work to provide proper slab leak repair, and allow the restoration work.
To repair a slab leak, the flooring will need to be removed, and then the concrete foundation must be broken to access the faulty pipe.
That section of pipe will then be removed and replaced or repaired, and all of the concrete and flooring replaced.
This process must be left to the professionals as it is a very delicate procedure. At SWAT Plumbing, our priority is always to leave your home or business in better shape than when we found it.
If you think you might need slab leak detection and repair services – don’t hesitate to contact SWAT Plumbing today!
Our team as the tools, equipment, and extensive training to manage these very complex projects. We will handle your slab leak repair with expert skill, and get the job done right the first time. Give us a call – we are here to help.