Whether your kitchen or bathroom drains are clogged or slow moving – seeing the water start to back up can cause immediate stress.
Grabbing a jug of over-the-counter drain cleaner can be enticing. however, these highly-caustic chemicals can be very damaging to your pipes.
The best things that you can do for a slow-moving or clogged drain is to call SWAT Plumbing in Fort Worth right away!
If you need drain cleaning or clogged drain repair service in your Fort Worth home or business – don’t hesitate to call SWAT Plumbing!
Our team of licensed and highly-skilled plumbers know how frustrating a slow-moving or clogged drain can be.
We are committed to getting your Fort Worth residential or commercial plumbing system back in top working condition!
Top-Rated Drain Cleaning Services
There are a variety of things that can cause your drains to become clogged or slow-moving. The drains in your home or business are used several times throughout the day, and normal wear and tear can lead to a clog or residue build up.
Some of the most common causes for slow-moving or clogged drains are:
● Food. Both residential and commercial kitchens are used for a variety of meal preparation and cleanup activities. While a commercial kitchen performs these activities at a much higher volume, all kitchen sink drains will succumb to the wear and tear of food being rinsed down them over time.
● Hair. In the bathroom, hair is the most common cause for a slow-moving or clogged drain. These clogs will typically happen in the bathtub or shower drain, but can occur in the sink also.
● Foreign Objects. This mostly includes non-flushable paper products that are repeatedly flushed down the toilet. Although, the occasional child’s toy will also cause a serious clog.
● Viscous Liquids. This is usually in the form of animal grease that is poured down the kitchen drain. It goes down as a liquid, however, once it is inside of the drain and cools, it turns to a thick paste that will create a layer of buildup.
If you have a slow-moving or clogged drain in your Fort Worth home or business, and you suspect one of these are the culprit, call SWAT Plumbing right away!
Our team of highly-experienced and licensed plumbers can handle all of these nasty drain clogging scenarios, and more! We make sure to always have the latest drain cleaning and clogged drain repair tools on-hand, to make sure we get your job done thoroughly and quickly!
How To Prevent A Slow-Moving or Clogged Drain
While slow-moving and clogged drains are all part of the normal wear and tear of using your drain system, there are some things that you can do to minimize the frequency of these plumbing malfunctions.
Here are just a few tips for preventing a slow-moving or clogged drain in your home or business:
- Avoid pouring grease into the kitchen drain. Whether you have a residential or commercial kitchen, pouring grease down the drain on a regular basis will eventually lead to a clog. At first, the grease will adhere to the inside walls of the pipes and create a layer of buildup. However, as the buildup layer gets thicker, it will eventually close the pipe completely and cause a clog,
- Install drain covers. The best way to avoid a slow-moving or clogged drain from developing is to prevent any clog-causing items from making their way down the drain. This includes hair and soap scum. Drain covers or screens help to only let water go down the drain and trap the other materials so you can dispose of them in the wastebasket
- Each time you use your kitchen sink for food preparation or cleanup, make sure you run some hot water into it. This helps to push all of the food and grease particles through the drain and out into the sewer line.
Call SWAT Plumbing For All Of Your Fort Worth Drain Cleaning Service or Clogged Drain Repair Needs!
The team at SWAT Plumbing knows that slow-moving or clogged drains never happen at a convenient time.
That is why we are available 24/7! Any type of slow-moving or clogged drain issue should be addressed right away.
These plumbing malfunctions do not get better with time, and the sooner they are addressed the better it is for your commercial or residential plumbing system.